Tennessee Auto Accident Lawyers
With the rapid population increase in the state of Tennessee in recent years, serious car accidents are increasingly common. The need for highly trained, professional car accident attorneys in Memphis Tennessee like those at Gilreath & Associates is greater than ever before. It is essential that you know your rights and have an attorney with the experience necessary to recover the damages you deserve. Our attorneys have successfully collected substantial sums in settlements and litigation of injuries from car accidents and defective automobile design.
Many people don't realize the mechanical failures and design flaws exposed by infamous cases such as those of the Ford Pinto, Firestone tires, and SUV rollovers have not gone away. Design defects such as seatbelt or airbag failures, and the recent Ford truck defective door latches are examples of on-going design problems in car accident cases. Automotive design defects can turn what would have been a relatively minor accident into a catastrophe involving serious injury or death. Our Knoxville accident attorneys have the knowledge and extensive experience to determine if an injury was caused by the accident itself or a defect in the design of the car.
At Gilreath and Associates, we have handled almost every kind of car accident case possible, including:
- Rear-end and impact collisions
- Truck under-ride accidents
- Backup accidents
- Accidents on major interstate highways
- Injury and death from defective automotive design
Depending on the extent and nature of injuries sustained in an auto accident, victims may recover one or both of the following:
- Compensatory damages awarded to compensate the injured party for what they suffered in the accident, including lost wages, property damage, medical expenses, and pain and suffering from the way injuries interfere with the normal functions of life.
- Punitive damages awarded in addition to compensatory damages in certain types of cases. Punitive awards are meant to punish drivers for especially reckless behavior or manufacturers for defective vehicle design
Drivers and passengers who escape serious injury after an automobile accident often face struggles with insurance companies that turn into full-scale legal battles. In cases of design defects, automobile companies have the resources to hire teams of top attorneys to defend them from lawsuits that arise from the tragic results of their negligence.
Car Accident Attorneys
Don't fall for the claims of attorneys promising fast cash and no hassles. A serious case involving severe injuries or death requires serious effort. If you need help with an automobile accident, contact the experienced Tennessee attorneys of Gilreath & Associates for an evaluation of your case. With offices in Knoxville, Memphis and Nashville, we are conveniently located to a wide radius of Tennessee cities and towns.